Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Benefits of Spiritual Retreats


I recently joined the FFI team in Manila to minister to some “big names” of the showbiz world…. yes, I said people from showbiz. Ministry time was astounding! The Holy Spirit’s ministry moved mightily and touched each one of them.


Being part of the ministry team of Ancient Paths Seminar (Family Foundations, Inc.) can be very physically draining. On the one hand, being a facilitator enables my spirit to be so connected with the Lord. For me, these are face-to-face encounters with Jesus as He leads and directs.


After the seminar, I was physically bushed and so I thought of visiting family in Baguio, my husband's birthplace and home town. Every end of summer, I usually take a spiritual retreat. Hence, my sudden decision to take a trip up and spend it there.

I stayed a few days with my step dad-in-law, Heiner, then a couple of days with Tita Pynky (check out PNKY Collection: http://www.pnkyhome.com/). My time with them were just precious. I was not only fed physically, as always, but there's something about Baguio when it comes to spiritual retreats: encounters with Him were the most profound and deep.


My trips to the market and other interesring places, my spiritual walks alone were meaningful moments. I can just bask at His wondrous creation through nature and be free of any concerns about life.


Each day, I was awakened by the sweet aroma of freshly brewed coffee, the sweet smell of pine, the melodious chirps of the birds, and the awesome views that remind me of Psalm 23 ("He leads me in green pastures and beside still waters). Most of the time, i took pictures of just about anything that captured my fancy. There's nothing like Baguio at this time of year.


Spiritual retreats provide me an opportunity to find deeper meaning to life. It can be wonderfully uplifting and gives me greater fulfillment. Taking time out alone with my God and leaving behind the problems of this busy materialistic world gives me a chance to think more deeply about what is going on in my spiritual walk and with my inner life and hearing more of God's instructions to equip me for the journey ahead.

I had a super great time with God. Having a retreat in Baguio is probably one of the most memorable ones. The weather, the people, the food, and everything about it is just wonderful.

But really, at the end of the day, it’s not about Baguio. It’s all about Jesus. I thank God that He refreshed my spirit. I’m now ready to face new challenges and give out more of myself
as I am new again and filled to overflowing!!!

No comments: