Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's in the valleys I grow

(Thank you, Micca Campbell)

My devotional for today:
Have you ever been down in the dumps and felt all alone? I have. I've been down lately with just the stress and pressures of life. Sometimes I feel like a whiny little child when I'm in the dumps. I find myself complaining and sniffling about everything. Then, while reading my bible, God reminded me AGAIN that no matter what circumstance I'm in, He's there and He's enough. God is not only there, but He's growing me up in the midst of it all.

As I was thinking on this truth, I remembered a poem I had tucked away. I'd like to share it with you. If you're down in the dumps today, let this truth speak to your heart and know that you are standing on Holy ground as the Holy One draws near to your side.


It's In the Valleys I Grow
By Jane Eggleston


Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble and woe
then I have to remember
That it's in the valleys I grow.


If I always stayed on the mountain top
And never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God's love
And would be living in vain.


I have so much to learn
And my growth is very slow,
Sometimes I need the mountain tops,
But it's in the valleys I grow.


I do not always understand
Why things happen as they do,
But I am very sure of one thing.
My Lord will see me through.


My little valleys are nothing
When I Picture Christ on the cross
He went through the valley of death;
His victory was Satan's loss.


Forgive me Lord, for complaining
When I'm feeling so very low.
Just give me a gentle reminder
That it's in the valleys I grow.


Continue to strengthen me, Lord
And use my life each day
To share your love with others
And help them find their way.


Thank you for the valleys, Lord
For this one thing I know
The mountain tops are glorious
But it's in the valleys I grow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, your poem for cj made me cry...but that was nice because shedding off tears washes the soul and right now I feel washed..Luv yah.Manang Bec