Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Lost in the Busy Life

lost in the desert

I am busy
as you can see
I start early
up until wee.
My hands are strong
my days are long
as you can see
I am just busy.

No time to sit -
For I need to load
a pile of laundry
or I'll explode!
No time to flip
My Bible here
for I need to hurry
to work, I'm needed there.

At home I bake
lots of cake,
I scrub the tiles
and stir some fries.
That's lots of work -
No time to soak
In God's presence
My heart goes broke.

I tend to do much
sorts of things as such
I see myself
like a ticking clock.
I ran to and fro
where the wind blows
there I go
Into empty space, I grow.

Where am I going?
My heart's bleeding.
Can you hear me?
My head is turning.
How can I see?
My eyes are weeping.
When do I flee?
My feet's still moving.

Lost in the busy life-
Imprisoned with strife.
Lost in the wilderness,
chained is my plight.
concerns in darkness
Lost in the desert.
dry, parched and desolate
my heart devastates.

No comments: