Friday, May 16, 2008

Crossroads - "Piranha Moments"

Journal entry: 13 March 2008

Bible Passage: Isaiah 40: 29-31

6:30 am - It’s a sunny morning. “I think I’ll stay home today. Maybe I’ll take a nap.” I attempted several times to take the much needed rest but it was just not possible. My daughter is home from school and I am here attending to her needs. “Ah, a classic Piranha moment,” I gasped. In two hours will be my English class.

11:00 am – Done with my English class. I have to hurry to prepare lunch! A fast-tract Piranha moment….. “Tuna Sandwiches, coming in a jiffy!” I mused.

1:30 pm – Job applications! I almost forgot about that. I need to complete and print out my resume, photocopy the transcripts and, along the way, pick up the passport-size photos I took yesterday. A typical trafficy Piranha moment! That would give me enough time to think of dinner. But first, let me take a nap!

3:30 pm - Oops! Staff meeting for Operation Care Ministry... that's this week. I better make some calls.... a Piranha sidetrip.

4:30 pm – Dinner! What’s cooking for dinner? There’s nothing in the fridge, just a couple of canned goods in the pantry! And I’m having a panic attack, a horrible Piranha moment! I’ll swing by quickly at the grocery and get some supplies. But where’s my rest? Time sped by so quickly. How in the world will I ever get me some rest? I don’t know whether to laugh or to cry.

5:45 pm – I’m sitting and finally able to find some time to write in my journal. “Lord, I am tired! No time to nap. I have more things to do and the kids will be home any minute from school. Where’s my rest? I just can’t do this anymore. I want to cry”. A dreadful Piranha moment.

5:50 pm – I hear the car honked! Moments later, a little girl’s voice came shouting, “Mommy, I’m home!” Oh my heavens! The true and long Piranha hour is just beginning!!! I anticipate that everyone, including our pets, are coming to get a piece of me! It’s like being encased in a fish tank filled with piranhas, wanting a bite of Mom!

I don’t know if I’m crazy or not, but the sound of my little girl’s voice, the musky smell of my hubby’s perfume, the glow of my boys’ eyes, and the tight hugs of my little princess, saying, "You're the best, Mom", make my heart leap for joy! Just like any day, is one that's filled and surrounded with piranha moments. But then, I did cry… and prayed for these times and thanked God for them. Through the kindness and mercy of God, and to see my very own five hungry and happy faces masticate the freshly fried chicken, I was at peace, a great Piranha feast! What a sight!

9:30 pm - God gave me four beautiful and wonderful children under my care, a loving husband to attend to, and knowing exactly what to do at a piranha moment, makes me wonder if I would ever survive the day without them? Ah, Piranha hours, or piranha moments, or piranha sidetrips.... whatever you want to call it. They eat me up at all sides! But they give me life! I wouldn’t mind having them close by. As long as they are around, by God’s grace, I’ll give everything I got! His word says, He is sufficient enough to supply for my every need. I stand by that promise!

At the end of the day, I have gathered the strength to face another one.... and that's tomorrow, for another set of unique piranha moments!

No comments: