Friday, January 30, 2009

The Promised Land 1


Jer 29:11 “I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope”.


Dear Family:


It’s a beautiful Saturday morning: I see the blue skies, I hear the birds chirping and worshiping away, I smell lavender exuding perfume in the air. What a privilege it is to experience such a life readily available for us, His beloved children.


My journey here in Perth is all very new to me: the people, the place, the weather, the environment. I’m just beginning to settle in. On the one hand, my communion with God is all the more intimate. I used to take His presence for granted when life afforded me some comfort, a ready-cooked meal after a long day, and having my precious family close by.


I have been blessed tremendously here: I live with a beautiful woman in her mid-30’s who is such a darling, supporting my every endeavor; I have met her friends who are Christians and surprisingly, some of them attend the same church that I go to; I’m in the company of great, loving support-system: Faith, Jing, and Jenni, who is arriving tomorrow (Ikthus family). It’s a relief to have “sisters” nearby as we often dine, cry, laugh, and pray together. (Jing lives just 3 minutes walk away from me, while Faith and Jenni are 10 minutes drive away! We are practically neighbors!).


Our good Lord has laid everything out for me. It’s like walking on paved road and unwrapping gifts and miracles along the way. I recently have been provided with a very nice family van. Even then, God has directed me to the right dealer who is a Christian. I’m four weeks away to complete my competency as a Registered nurse yet, another miracle came along. I was called in for a job interview yesterday with the largest and most prestigious private hospital here in Perth and yes, it went really well. Last week, miraculously again, I was given a 100% mark on my first exams! One big and huge gift from God is my course coordinator. I never knew angels exist until I met Jillian. She's an amazing person and a great mentor! And last but certainly not the least, I was invited by my aussie classmate, who is a christian, to their church next sunday for a barbeque! I can only boast in the Lord and give back all the glory to Him. He has made it all happen for me and my family.


But then, it’s not all “bed of roses for me”. I long for my husband and children terribly and there’s not a moment that I wish I could hold and wrap them in my arms. I miss my Mom, my siblings, my loved-ones and friends, and my church family. I miss my favorite laswa and pinamalhan! I miss everything about home.


My past spiritual experiences has equipped me here. The verses in Isaiah 40: 28-31 has been my constant reminder. My “waiting upon the Lord” is reaping its fruit in season. I continue to obey and hope in Him, trusting His heart every step of the way for I know His plans is to give me hope and a future. (Jer. 29:11)


Thank you for all your prayers. Thank you for all the encouraging words. Thank you for just being there for me.


Have a great weekend!


Blessings and love,


Jenny


Isa 40:28-31:

“Don't you know? Haven't you heard? The eternal God, the LORD,
the Creator of the ends of the earth, doesn't grow tired or become weary. His
understanding is beyond reach. He gives strength to those who grow tired and
increases the strength of those who are weak. Even young people grow tired
and become weary, and young men will stumble and fall. Yet, the strength of
those who wait with hope in the LORD will be renewed. They will soar on wings
like eagles. They will run and won't become weary. They will walk and won't
grow tired”.

4 comments:

Crown of Beauty said...

Hi Jen, when did you post this!? I have been visiting, and there wasn't anything new for a long time. I knew you were settling down, and suddenly there are four new posts! Ok, I hope to read more about your journey.

What a blessing, and I share in your joys.

Love
Manang Lidj

Crown of Beauty said...

Dear Jen,
I read again the last four posts... it will soon be Christmas... and I know it is spring in Australia now.

As I read, it made me feel good to know I have been part of your life journey.

How God has been real to you and Bim. I look forward to reading more of your journeys.

Love
Manang Lidj

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Hi Jen, Lovely to meet you on here. I found you through 'Crown of beauty's" site. All will go well with your exams. God bless you you putting Him first.
Hugs a fellow Ozzie nurse.

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Back again to visit, I pray you are well and I wonder where your hubby and children are? What a sacrifice you are making. May the time pass quickly for you to see your loved ones again..
Praying for you. love Crystal