Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chanel vs Meatballs

"The right word at the right time is like golden apples in silver jewelry." 
Proverbs 25:11 (NIRV)




Two of my work colleagues and myself were gathered around a small table after the first round of our shift for a cuppa. 

Conversations and small giggles went around in a circle. Out of the blue, one of the girls muttered facing to the other staff member and said, “Hmmm, that perfume you’re wearing, so divine. What is it?”

“d’Iris by Prada Infusion,” was her reply.

“Is that the hundred dollar bottle at the perfumery?” She mused.

The staff member reasoned, “On sale at 10% off, I gotta have it! What about you, what’s that you’re wearing?” facing back at the girl, glancing sideways at me at the same time.

She reached over and offered her right wrist for us to have a quick sniff. “Only the best, Chanel No. 5 Eau Première, my daily spritz.”

“It’s light and fresh”, I added.

The girl on my right said, “What about you, Jenny, what are you wearing?”

Both girls now turned their faces to me.

My head bent down to get a smell of myself. I wasn’t wearing any. I quickly replied, “Meat balls and tomato sauce!”





They both stared at me with a puzzled look.

I just winked at them and smiled. I thought to myself; I have four beautiful kids and a gorgeous man of my life. They love my cooking and that’s all that matters.

I thank my heavenly Father for He has given me the privilege.


And that is enough.

"Dear Lord, thank You for Your Word. I love how it applies to such every-day issues, like people-pleasing. Please help me discern when and what I should say.   Help me see Your will for each situation and respond clearly.   Anoint every word that comes out from my mouth.  Help me speak the truth in humility and in love.  May you shine and be glorified in my life.  In Jesus' Name, Amen."

No comments: