Sunday, September 2, 2012

A mother's heart



I took pictures of you today and thought about time
Thought about the day I run out of mine
Wondered if I've done enough to let you know~
How much I love you; Did I help you to grow?

Have your Father and I taught you the most that we possibly could?
Did we make life and love something you understood?
Did we cover the bases and reach out for more?
Did we give you the tools for what life has in store?

It took me a while as I sat and pondered
Is there anything else that they might have wondered?
You know that I love you, I hope that you know
My life was more blessed when I had you.

Do you know the importance of God in your life?
Do you know that with Him you'll handle any strife?
How important it is to continue to learn?
How bridges are useless if you let them burn?

Will you remember the lessons that we've tried to teach you?
And the moments spent together when we tried to reach you?
It's alright to fail and make a few mistakes~
Just as long as you learn something along the way.

You'll treat people with kindness but not be a fool
You'll thank us someday that you've finished school.
And when someday, you begin your careers~
We've modeled hardwork, will equip you through the years.

You'll see that the grass is not always greener~
When you find the right woman, you'll know how to treat her.
Honor her, respect her, love her, commit to her
Your covenant with your lifetime partner will stand forever.

You'll stand up when it's needed, defending your rights
Please be careful to only choose the right fights.
Not everything matters as much as it may appear
Sometimes "forever" is gone the next year.

Keep close to each other whatever it may take
Family is important, never let that bond break.
Look after each other, do not put one asunder
Reach out your hand when one's about to surrender.

Let HIS solid WORD guide you through troubling days
Hearts can confuse you, may put you in a haze
Stand firm in your faith, become the men I know you can be
Honorable, respectable, loving, happy and free.

Our dreams for you, I hope we've shown
The rest you'll have to learn on your own
Just remember to keep your feet on solid ground
By God's grace, you will not drown.

Spread your wings, fly and be free
Follow your dreams and go out there and shine! 
I love you my sons, dont ever forget it
Be the men that God created you to be.

No comments: