Sunday, November 18, 2007

My boy is dating!

(For my CJ)

Oh how the years go by,
how fast time can fly.
For once your little fingers cling,
Unto crib railings and fluffy paddings.
At six months were your first steps,
Then you jiggle at kitchen counters
With loud laughters at nine months.
Your favorite were chocolate crunch!

And when you turned one
You were either flying or biking.
with a superman cape,
You wished you could roller skate!
How I prayed you’d never grow
Ah, those eyes that always glow
I have held you, nurtured you, fed you,
all the joy you give me, you do not know.

And now you’re fourteen
A handsome man, I have never seen,
My sweet little boy has all grown so tall
Every day I pray you’ll never fall!
And now that you’re all grown up
A time to discover, a time for adventure
Each step, be careful when you take
Especially when you go out on a date.

Oh no, my boy is dating!
My jealous heart , how nerve-wrecking!
Yet, I can’t stop you becoming a man
What we taught you, I hope you will always stand.
When tough times come
The difficulties and some
“Pray, you need to pray”
That is what we always say.

You shall spread your wings,
Your destiny for you to find.
We know your life's forever bound
To these roots you grew up behind.
Go! Fly, my son and dream big dreams,
You say impossible, so it seems
Honey, as long as you’re on His path
I trust, you’ll never go off track.

And when the day comes when you are on your own,
Oh please, never feel that you are alone.
No matter how near or far apart
I am always right there in your heart.
Always remember whatever you go through
that no matter what, I will always love you.
My little baby, now all grown, my precious son,
Go, take heed and shine like a man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mom, no comment
thanks for the poem.
lav yah! :)

Anonymous said...

just went thru your gift of a love poem to your son cj (I too have a grandson named cj).
this is what i can say to cj."what more can you ask for a loving mother who cares and loves you all!!
Am replying here cause i can't seem (error) to make, i guess i just don't know how, or enter my comment on your blog.

thank you jenny, i just prayed and will always pray for you and your family...your coming december exam, physical and financial needs and above all your commitment our Lord and Savior. Bim is a very blessed person having you!

tito ike