Monday, December 10, 2007

uova con la salsa di pomodori

Planning meals can be frustrating when you're a mom on the go. A great deal we find ourselves stuck to buying ready-cooked or fast commercial food when we hardly have time to do some serious cooking.

"What's for dinner, mom?" inquired my son the other night. I have to think fast. So I assessed my fridge and pantry only to find three main ingredients: eggs, tomato sauce and a can of mushrooms. When we talk of egg dishes, I immediately relate this to italian food...hhhhmmm... "We're having italian!" I hollered back and whispered to myself, "filipino style". I cooked up the ingredients in my head and came up with this very simple recipe that's both nutritious and filling. It's something that's related to spaghetti so 'lil kiddos will love this!

VOO
6 boiled eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
¼ ground pork
1 head onion, sliced
8 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium can button mushrooms, sliced
250g tomato sauce
2 tablespoons prepared ginamos (Mama’s Uyap)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
dash of mixed dried herbs
salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
In a hot pan, drizzle some VOO, saute garlic and onions. Add in the ground pork, stir for 10 to 15 minutes. Add the mushrooms and further stir for 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce, brown sugar, ginamos. Bring to a boil. A pinch of dried herbs and some salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Carefully add the boiled eggs.

You can top this dish with all purpose cream and grated parmesan cheese once served on a large platter.

Good for 6 people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mom,you realy did a good job on this recipe.