Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Only in San Carlos

My husband and I went on a road trip to San Carlos with his bike last week. From that trip, I discovered a mystery, and a few good find munchies (well, you guessed.... I always tend to find something for my palate).




First, the mystery. A mind-puzzling phenomenon. I knew about this but never took the initiative to really test it. The mystery is found at Salvador-Benedicto route. Km. 34. You will find the sign post by the roadside. The road going to the north slopes down but what buffles me is that, if you put the vehicle on neutral (or anything that has wheels for that matter), it goes up to the opposite direction which is uphill. Watch the video for the evidence. My husband was just holding the bike so it will not fall. As you can see here, the bike just moved up mysteriously. There should be a scientific reason for this. Ah, I'll leave that to the scientists. I have seen a similar thing at Ara-al. Quite a mystery, huh?

Then the munchies.

Bucayo. Sweet to the tooth, moist and delicious.
ER's Peanuts. It is what the place is famous for. It's greaseless, very fresh. I happen to witness how it was done. I used to think it was baked, but not this one. The peanuts were sun dried and cooked in very hot oil then drained to dry. You can never tell it was deep fried in oil.
Peanut Turon. Ah... this you gotta try. It's crisp and hhmmmm... It's just good, it's beyond words.
Thanks, Manang Edith!

No comments: