Tuesday, November 5, 2013



Fearfully
And
Wonderfully!

Beautiful Sunday morning, whilst driving back home after church service:

Bim: “That was an awesome message, wasn’t it kids? I am fearfully and wonderfully made! Listen, what does ‘fearfully’ mean to you?”

We were all silent. I couldn’t think of anything to say.

Jed: “Hhhmm… I know the answer but I just can’t express it!”

CJ: “Yeah right, Jed!”

Bim: “Sure, we all know what ‘wonderfully’ means – it means unique, beautiful, different, striking, remarkable—outside of the power of human comprehension! But what about ‘fearfully’? It wasn’t explained very well at preaching today?”

Still and silence dominated the atmosphere.

Then Bim continued on, “Fearfully means: to stand in awe, deep reverence, respect, honor! God created us with awe, with reverence, with respect and with honor! And the best part is, God ‘fearfully and wonderfully’ created us in His image! Imagine that! Isn’t that amazing?” Then he continued on to explain further. I found myself taking notes!

May we be enthralled by this thought and encourage us that we were remarkably and uniquely created by the Creator in awe and reverence in His own image!

Wouldn't that blow your mind away? Praise be to God!

“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:14

No comments: