Wednesday, June 26, 2013


Of Rainbows 
And 
Sunrise

Winter clouds may appear gloomy and grey
Yet no, that will not ruin my day.
For it no longer usher rain or storm
Enough of the sadness, weary and mourn.

Hello sunrise! You bring forth light -
Oh my, you are such a wonderful sight!
Etched on the sky, the colors of the rainbow
I stop and took you all in, what a view!

In the heavenlies, God’s HOPE is displayed
Oh how pleasant it is, with my heart at ease.
Of rainbows and sunrise or by moonlight skies
Your splendor spread out, O Lord, as You please!

My friend, your sky may be heavy and impervious
Your trials may be lonesome, crooked and mischievous
I pray that may your mountains rise above the clouds
And know no limits, God’s GRACE and LOVE abounds!

I dedicate this poem to a very good friend of mine, JM. This was the view coming home from night shift. The sunrise on the east tells of God's hope and the rainbow westforth portrays of His amazing grace. You are in my thoughts and in my prayers, dearest friend. Be strong. Know that you are not alone in this journey. God be with you!


No comments: