Monday, June 10, 2013

On Things Eternal




These are just a few of my spectacles, some bought from different convenience stores, others are prescribed multi-focals or bi- focals.  Why so many?  Because I lose them all the time!   I lose a lot of reading glasses, which means I buy a lot of them as I consider them my one important possession of surpassing utility.

I keep them around the house in various rooms, in all places, so there will always be one handy no matter where I am. I have one by my bedside, one at the car, one in my work bag, one on my computer table, one lying around somewhere, and mostly one suspended above my head!  The moment I reached the age of 40, my eyesight started to dwindle.  I felt like I’m losing a limb.  I feel so disabled not having my reading glasses around.  I am literally blind without it.  Sounds familiar?

I hope not so in our spiritual walk with our Heavenly Father.  I pray that we do not lose hope and sight of HIM.   "Faith is the evidence of things not seen". There are unseen things, as well as things that are seen. There is this vast difference between them: unseen things are eternal, seen things are temporary.

I pray that all of us grow in our walk with God, and that we keep our minds on things above, on things eternal instead of temporal.

2 Corinthians 4:18 says,
“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”

Color:  Glass

No comments: