Saturday, February 9, 2008

Name a Blessing

This was my daughter’s idea which she calls, “Name a Blessing”. She cut small pieces of cards of the same sizes (about 1 inch by 2 inches) from bondpapers and wrote down all the things she believed to be a “blessing” in her life. She keeps these cards inside a cute yellow wallet she calls, “Blessing Purse”.

Well, at her tender age, I expected she would write on the cards her barbie dolls, her favorite books, her art pens, her clothes, her make-up, and her favorite “things”. To my surprise, all the “things” written on them were “names” of people!

Wow! It just dawned on me. My daughter values relationships with people more than her toys and girly things!!! To add to that, she lays in place these cards on a table each night and adds more cards to the stack. Then, she takes out the prayer stones she prayed for that day and places them on top of the cards with the same names written on them. She then prays a thanksgiving prayer for each names of the stones she picked up from the prayer tray and recites the many blessings she received that day or that week.

I’m just in awe! My daughter recognizes true blessings in people and the importance of praying for them!

This is a tremendous blessing to me! Big time! My daughter just thought of something really brilliant and I am very proud of her.

.......hhhmmm, I might cut some pieces of paper and make my own Name a Blessing cards…. maybe I could borrow some of her pigma and glitter pens… and…. maybe use….. the pinking scissors to cut……

No comments: